Talk

Advanced search

four essays in six days.....hmmmm can it be done?

(13 Posts)
Friskyfluff Thu 21-Aug-08 22:48:43

God knows how or why I always manage to do this to myself, but hey, I have so i suppose i'd better get on with it!

I blame MN! Always have to have a quick look everytime i turn on the computer, but it never is just a quick look is it?! grin

Wish me luck!

MiaWallace Fri 22-Aug-08 12:10:03

Yes it can be done.

I've managed it. Well 3 essays and an exam to revise for in 7 days (got 2:1 for the lot too). I work best with a looming deadline but would not attempt so much in such a short time again.

Good luck

Friskyfluff Fri 22-Aug-08 20:49:39

Thanks

Just gettng ready to do some work now, but just thought i'd stop by here first!!

Preparing for a looooong night...well, as long as it can be with a DS who has never slept a whole night through in his life

3andnomore Sat 23-Aug-08 08:07:50

How is it going....hope you made good progress

Guitargirl Sat 23-Aug-08 08:10:08

Yes, it definitely can be done. (Although I admit the days I was doing it were pre-children). Good luck!

Friskyfluff Sun 24-Aug-08 13:01:19

Four days left and STILL no completed essays. Just bits and pieces all over the place!! Ahhhhhhh

DS has just been taken out by his Granny so the afternoon is mine for hours of undisturbed studying.

Oh joy!

And it's so nice and sunny outside and i'm missing it all

Friskyfluff Thu 28-Aug-08 23:26:49

Just letting you all know that yes it is possible....I DID IT!!!!

Got to bed at half six this morning and was up again at eight to go off to hand the completed essays in! Can't believe i'm actually still awake now. Need sleep!

Yay, i am not a failure grin grin

Jux Thu 28-Aug-08 23:34:02

Congrats. You are brilliant! I well remember those days when I got no sleep because of essay deadlines. I always said that the only time a student's bathroom was clean was when an essay was due - you'll do anything rather than settle down to work won't you?grin

Friskyfluff Thu 28-Aug-08 23:57:21

Thanks Jux

It's always nice to be told you're brilliant by someone other than yourself

So many times i think why am i even attempting to do a degree and raise a 3yr old, i must be mad, but then times like this come along and im so proud of myself.

Ha, thats a poke in the eye for everyone who expected me to do nothing with my life just because i went and got pregnant at 19!!!

Shall shut up now grin

BBBee Thu 28-Aug-08 23:59:08

god that is brilliant - well done (will remember that next time I hit panic mode!)

3andnomore Fri 29-Aug-08 00:08:11

glad you got them done in time!

tiredemma Fri 29-Aug-08 08:00:58

How on earth did you manage to get them all done in such a small amount of time?? It takes me about 2 weeks to write one!!

MiaWallace Fri 29-Aug-08 11:22:59

Well done Frisky. I'm also attempting a degree while raising a 3 year old (single mother) so know how hard it is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now