Talk

Advanced search

anyone applying for a CDL to fund masters?

(7 Posts)
Romy7 Sat 16-Aug-08 17:35:36

just wondering how likely it is to get approved - can't find any real info and can't work out whether they want you to be broke before applying, or able to demonstrate ability to pay it back after the course?
it is weirdly based on how much you are earning before the course starts, despite the fact that you won't be whilst you're on the course itself...
i don't understand why one of the providers wants to know what dh earns, and one of them doesn't care... which one do i stand more chance of getting approved?!

AvenaLife Sat 16-Aug-08 17:37:49

I got mine with Barclays. They want to see everything!
They want you pretty broke, they don't ask for job prospects though, HSBC want this. It's luck at to who approves you, COOP turned me down, Barclays didn't.

Romy7 Sat 16-Aug-08 17:48:47

oh, i was looking at coop too - as they didn't seem too nosy!

did the coop give you any reason? did they let you know quickly or take forever?

i'm pretty broke (actually beyond broke!) but with dh (good) wages we keep our heads above water (actually that's not strictly true having just extended our joint overdraft facility...) CDL would mean i could at least concentrate on the studying rather than panicking all the time...

so just bank statements then, or did you have to provide more?

AvenaLife Sat 16-Aug-08 17:54:28

No reason whastoever, probably because of my crap credit rating, I used to owe barclays money though and paid via a collection agency but they lent it to me.

I had to provide 3 months statements and bills. You send them the origionals and they send them back or you can take them into your local branch and they will fax them for you.

Romy7 Sat 16-Aug-08 17:58:51

i guess barclays knew they'd get their money back then... hm, have got a barclays account i never use, will have to have another look at their form...

thanks!

AvenaLife Sat 16-Aug-08 18:02:23

It's easier to get the loan apparently if you bank with them. smile

Romy7 Sat 16-Aug-08 18:07:58

it's not so much 'bank with them' as they've got about £3 that belongs to me, and i had to keep it in the account to open the dcs accounts which are attached to mine - i suppose they already know i've 3 kids then lol! grin

i went in to ask about the CDL (they gave me the phoneline number) but i got the third degree about why i didn't use my account then... and it was the usual 'i'm too lazy to change everything over and when dh and i got married you didn't do telephone/ internet banking' story...

beggars can't be choosers though. worth a go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now