Talk

Advanced search

My student loan has been approved, I got my CRB, passed the 'medical firtness to teach', my proof of qualifications has finally arrived and I ahve a great childminder sorted for DS2!

(12 Posts)
schneebly Sat 16-Aug-08 17:27:24

Yay! grin

Wasn't sure it would ever all get sorted but thank god now everything is in place to start my BA Primary Education at Edge Hill in September! I can stop worrying about wasting the stationery I have already bought! grin

schneebly Sat 16-Aug-08 17:28:06

still can't type though!

schneebly Sat 16-Aug-08 17:33:48

well I am pleased anyway grin

jofeb04 Sat 16-Aug-08 18:11:16

Congrats, It's great knowing we're almost there!

I register late Sept to start second year in October, but, it is my first year actually in the university - completing psychology/social welfare degree.

Would love to go onto teaching ...... or working inside a prison!

Lois27 Sat 16-Aug-08 21:06:32

Congrats schneebly - I've just finished my 1st yr doing same course. I'm sure you'll love it (plus the long summer hols - bliss). Good luck

wotulookinat Sat 16-Aug-08 21:18:30

Congrats - but you might get a shock about the summer hols. Most of it you spend thinking about the new school year.
(Can you tell that I've just left teaching??!!)
Seriously, congrats and good luck - I loved it for most of the time that I did it.

Loshad Sat 16-Aug-08 21:41:30

excellent schneebly, I start my PGCE on the 5/9 so just starting to fret a bit, dcs don't go back to school until the 10th!!

schneebly Sun 17-Aug-08 10:19:56

Oh just seen these - thank you everyone! smile

Rossco Wed 20-Aug-08 13:34:22

That's great schneebly!! I'm all set for third year.

schneebly Thu 21-Aug-08 11:38:46

Hey Rossco! My buddy grin

Blandmum Thu 21-Aug-08 11:44:32

Fantastic! Well done!

A tip for all student teachers would be to have a shuft at the TES website....now, this can sometimes be a scary place and it is not as polite as MN smile but it has a superb area for resources.

Second tip. If you are provided with schemes of work while on Teaching Practice USE THEM! don't feel you have to generate everything from scratch. If you do, you'll wear yourself out.

Last tip. All teacher have crap lessons....if someone tells you differently, they are telling porkies. Most teachers, if not all, have ended up in tears at some point. What you do is take a deep breath and get back in there. And when you get home have a nice treat to get over things!

It is the best job in the world.

schneebly Thu 21-Aug-08 11:52:56

Martianbishop - thank you for your advice I really appreciate it smile
I have used the TES forum for 'prospective student teachers' a bit and it has been quite pleasant thus far although I am guessing that may change once things like placements start!
I am really excited about the course - I have thought about teaching for years but it is only in the last couple of years when I have had some experience working in schools that I became really sure it was what I wanted to do - good to hear a techer say nice things about their job as some seem a bit jaded!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now