Talk

Advanced search

Am studying and looking for mums for my disseration research - help ;-)

(9 Posts)
Ella33 Mon 11-Aug-08 23:35:24

Hi,

I am currently a student. As part of my degree course I need to submit a research project. I am researching the experience of women who currently head up households alone. I am hoping to speak to about ten or fifteen women about their experiences and choices. If you are the main carer for at least one child of school age or younger, and you don’t live with a partner at the moment, then I would very much like to speak to you.

If you would be interested in participating in my study I would ensure the confidentiality of what you say during the interview. Although I will use what you say to write up my research, each participant will be given a different name to make sure your identity is protected. This is a completely independent study.

We can arrange to meet in a place and at a time that is convenient for you. I would hope to speak to you for about an hour as I do not wish to take up too much of your time. I am hoping to speak to people before the end of August if possible.

I would be very grateful for your time if you decide to participate in my research. If you are interested or would like to find out more get back to me here or email me at ellalow@yahoo.co.uk

If you know anyone else that may be interested in participating please do give them my email. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Ella

Ella33 Mon 11-Aug-08 23:37:04

p.s. I am a mum, as well as a student ;-)

Romy7 Tue 12-Aug-08 17:55:50

er. have you posted this in lone parents?

as a researcher, that's where i'd start looking for single mums.... rather than in student parents?
grin

Romy7 Tue 12-Aug-08 17:56:32

i haven't looked - apologies for being a smart arse if you have grin

Ella33 Tue 12-Aug-08 19:06:09

Hi thanks

yes - posted on lone mums at the same time and have had an excelent response.

cheers
Ella

amazonianadventure Wed 13-Aug-08 12:22:22

hiya,

Ella id help, but would prob best done best by phone or over emails

let me know if you want to go ahead

Ella33 Thu 14-Aug-08 16:13:29

Hi

phone seems to work quite well - would be brilliant if you are still interested. Perhaps email me and we can find a time that would be good to talk. My email is - ellalow@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks for your interest,
Ella

Katiekins83 Mon 18-Aug-08 14:46:01

Hi! i would talk to you...you can be as nosey as you like, i know what its like trying to recruit people to particpate in things, start my psychology disertation in september ...with any luck!

Ella33 Tue 19-Aug-08 16:55:51

Hi

thanks Katiekins83 would be fab to talk. If yuo are still up for it drop me a line by email - ellalow@yhaoo.co.uk and we can set up a time that is good for you,

cheers
Ella

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now