Talk

Advanced search

Oh sh*te

(15 Posts)
sallystrawberry Thu 10-Feb-05 22:46:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

misdee Thu 10-Feb-05 22:48:13

hoppefully they will have it there. letus know!!

i forgot to call dh tutor for him for OU, she called me, very nice lady and very helpful.

HunkerMunker Thu 10-Feb-05 22:49:46

I do things like this all the time, SS. Literally all the time. Especially with forms. I am totally dense when it comes to them! What works for me is waking up at about 3am (so you've had enough sleep not to get back to sleep easily, but not enough to see you through the next day), then worrying about it, trying really hard to get back to sleep and finally dropping off about half an hour to an hour (on a good day) before you absolutely have to get up.

Then it's all all right when I get there and I wonder what I was worried about. But the worrying seems obligatory, I'm afraid...

Seriously, hun, I've been there, done that and it does usually all work out. Promise. Good luck on Saturday.

SenoraPostrophe Thu 10-Feb-05 22:51:50

They should be able to fax you the forms. (to a fax bureau nearby?)

If it makes you feel any better I failed my maths A level because i thought it was in the afternoon. It's always the little things...

sallystrawberry Thu 10-Feb-05 23:00:40

sallystrawberry Thu 10-Feb-05 23:03:33

Ellbell Thu 10-Feb-05 23:14:19

Sally Stawb

Don't worry. Ring them tomorrow and ask them to fax or email it to you (you may even be able to access a copy of the form online). Failing that, ask if you can call into the office and collect a 2nd copy on Saturday. I am willing to bet that they WILL interview you, even if you forget to take the relevant documents. I had an interview for a job at a university where they insisted I needed to take a copy of my degree and PhD certificates and my passport (to prove my immigration status). I forgot the lot of them. Mad panic. Nearly burst into tears in an embarrassing manner just outside the interview when they asked me for them (in my defence, I WAS really nervous ). They went ahead and interviewed me anyway... and I got the job. I did fax through photocopies after the event, but they have NEVER asked to see the originals.

So... you will be fine. Just chill. The ID and certificates are the important things (try not to forget them, eh... ), cos they prove that you are you and not someone else that you've sent along to do the interview in your place.

Good luck.

HunkerMunker Thu 10-Feb-05 23:16:23

If all else fails, pretend you never got the damn form.

sallystrawberry Thu 10-Feb-05 23:23:49

snafu Fri 11-Feb-05 07:15:04

Sally, it'll be fine, don't worry - I've been to interviews where people have forgotten their degree certs, proofs of ID, etc etc. They wouldn't not interview you. Anyway, if it's really necessary won't someone be able to just go to the office and get it out of their in-tray at interview time?! Good luck!

(It's Moomina, btw, I've changed my name )

sallystrawberry Fri 11-Feb-05 14:02:08

Ellbell Fri 11-Feb-05 20:12:13

snafu... did you interview me (see post below, re. forgetting EVERYTHING!)

ljcooper3 Fri 25-Feb-05 12:54:45

Sally where did you apply to do nursing?

ljcooper3 Fri 25-Feb-05 12:55:31

ljcooper3 Fri 25-Feb-05 12:55:41

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now