Talk

Advanced search

How do you obtain lost exam certificates?

(7 Posts)
tammybear Tue 29-Jul-08 11:39:58

Hi,
I'm applying for a foundation degree course this September, and have my interview about mid August. However, I've been told I need my certificates. Now I remember exactly what my certificates were in, however no idea where they are now. I'm guessing somewhere in my mum's loft which will prolly take a good few months to look through altogether!

So if it is not possible for me to find my originals, how can I get copies of them? I've been told I can phone up the awarding bodies and speak to them, but tbh I don't remember what exams were with who? This was like 8 years ago, and not something I thought I really needed to know now lol.

So I'd appreciate it if anyone could help me please. Thanks

Ginni Wed 30-Jul-08 20:46:55

I have recently realised i've lost all my exam certificates, GCSE, A-Level and degree!! Luckily I have my good old record of achievement from school where I wrote down the exam bodies for each exam I took, so I should be able to call around to get them back. But if you don't know exam boards, i'd suggest calling the schools/colleges you took them at - i'd have thought they would still have the records to tell you what exam boards you took the exams with back then. Good luck, it's a pain losing them!

Hulababy Wed 30-Jul-08 20:49:32

If you can't remember the awarding exam body, try calling your old school/college. See if the examinations officer at the school can trace that far back - they may know which exam bodies were used 8 years ago.

Hulababy Wed 30-Jul-08 20:49:57

BTW, you will have to pay for replacement certificates.

Ginni Wed 30-Jul-08 20:55:37

"snap" at Hulababy lol!

Skribble Thu 31-Jul-08 19:58:26

Luckly I haven't had to produce mine ever, no idea where they are.

Good luck with your foundation degree, I am going into my second year.

Ginni Wed 06-Aug-08 13:22:15

I found out all of the exam boards I took my A-levels and GCSE's with have now merged into AQA, and they are pretty much a one-stop-shop for tracing exam certificates anyway. Unfortunately the price is extortionate, around £34.50 per individual exam, which would have meant I would have needed to spend around £700 to get them all replaced! I'd seriously recommend starting to rummage in your mums loft now. I've just had a thorough clear out and luckily found all mine in an inconspicuous envelope in the bottom of a drawer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now