Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone done an OU Maths degree?

(5 Posts)
KateF Sat 19-Jul-08 23:34:32

Hi-would welcome any information/experiences as I am considering starting a maths degree with the OU now that dd3 is off to school in September. I have A level maths but from a long time ago so would start at the very basic course to refresh the brain cells. Long term I would aim to teach, probably doing a secondary PGCE with the OU as its flexible.

retiredgoth Sat 19-Jul-08 23:38:48

...have you done any OU study before?

If so you can access the Maths forums (fora?) on First Class and ask them direct...

I did an introduction to the arts a year or two ago, and am now changing tack to something I know nothing about. Maths!

starting this in september....

KateF Sat 19-Jul-08 23:45:53

No havn't done OU before but I did the Diploma in Pre-School Practice a couple of years ago when the dds were all under 6 so I hope that will have given me some experience of distance learning. What's made you decide to do maths?

retiredgoth Sat 19-Jul-08 23:53:40

...a whim.

I know nothing about it, and found it hard at school.

I was going to do a history or literature course, but I know a little about these subjects...

...having done an OU course I am confident about following a new discipline. The courses are robustly designed and timetabled, and there is a lot of support (tutor and peer) available, both real and online. They will get me through, I am sure.

..I think any person with motivation will succeed with the OU. It is a splendid thing...

KateF Sun 20-Jul-08 00:01:03

Oh thanks-that's upped my confidence. Think I will go and sign up for Starting with Maths. Will distract me from my baby going off to school!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now