Talk

Advanced search

I Passed my Foundation Degree!!!

(10 Posts)
Lazylou Wed 09-Jul-08 14:26:48

I have just found that I have passed my Foundation Degree in Early Years Childcare and Education. I am thoroughly chuffed with myself. I have been pg for the whole of this year, had DS 4 weeks ago and have a 4yo DD, plus I have worked for most of it, full time too and although I had to carry on when everyone else had finished, I am so totally proud of myself. I am the first one in my family to go to university!!!

TheFallenMadonna Wed 09-Jul-08 14:27:35

How fabulous grin

Well done!!

What next for you?

sandy4 Wed 09-Jul-08 14:28:52

congratulations!

magnolia74 Wed 09-Jul-08 14:32:13

Congratulations!! smile

Tortington Wed 09-Jul-08 14:34:37

many congrats

sandy4 Wed 09-Jul-08 14:38:42

How did you manage time wise??

MrsMattie Wed 09-Jul-08 17:49:27

That's fantastic. You must be so proud! What are you going to do next?

GivePeasAChance Wed 09-Jul-08 17:51:04

Well done! What a fantastic achievement!

Lazylou Thu 10-Jul-08 12:57:17

Thanks! grin. I am planning on taking this year off from uni to go and do a GCSE in maths (failed miserably when I did it at school lol) and then in September next year, I am going to hopefully do the third year of my degree with a view to following it up with a PGCE. I want to teach in primary school, particularly in early years so anything from nursery up to year 2. Work wise, I am taking the year out to spend with DS and to make sure DD is settled in her reception year at school. I want to be able to take her/pick her up and know that everything is ok with her on that front.

Time management was a really big problem for me and I'm still quite useless at it now tbh. It was a case of sitting down and just working like crazy a week before anything was due in, apart from my dissertation - that took nigh on three weeks of twelve hour days but luckily DH was around to do all the things needed with DD. At times, I did feel like she was being left to her own devices and I felt bad about it, but I had to keep in my mind the reasons why I was doing it. Yes, I wanted to achieve something personally, but in the long term, I forced myself to carry on with it all so we would be better off as a family.

I've still got three years of study ahead of me and although the prospect doesn't fill me with joy, I know it will be worth it in the end. I am so looking forward to the future and being able to work in schools with young children and I think it is that thought that keeps me going!

It's been really hard work, but very rewarding. I only had to pull one all-nighter too so having juggled it all I am dead chuffed with myself.

Thanks again for letting me show off a bit! grin

Skribble Thu 31-Jul-08 20:09:16

Well done, I am going to be starting the second year of my foundation degree soon, I am looking ahead to what masters I can do hmm perhaps I should concentrate on this year first grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now