Talk

Advanced search

sooooooooooooooooooooooo stressed

(4 Posts)
sallystrawberry Tue 01-Feb-05 15:19:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

crouchingtigeress Tue 01-Feb-05 19:55:14

OH my goodness gracious SS slow down.

I was also ill last week, one of the managers rang to gently remind me that I needed a medical certificate for my absence. I refuse to feel guilty for having time off for illness and I will not be making time up.

Do a realistic catch up plan for your college work, and make sure you prioritise which work needs to be completed first. I.E Don't try and read the whole of the textbook if you only need to skim a specific chapter for an immediate assign.Do you mind map? its a good way of taking non-detailed notes.

Ask friends or family to look after the kids for an afternoon, and at work can you delegate if it gets too much???

To wind down at home, I burn an incense stick drink a herbal tea and listen to some Miles (davis). Do whatever you enjoy most.

But remember you can't do everything. Not many people can juggle family, work and studying. The fact that you are is a special achievement.
Best of luck.

sallystrawberry Tue 08-Feb-05 23:50:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Chandra Wed 09-Feb-05 22:20:28

Well, hope you are feeling less stressed but if you still are stressed here it's what I do (Hope it helps):

- Never feel guilty or make up for somethin that is not your fault, if you are ill you are ill but don't think you have to make up for the time, just do it.

-Write a "to-do" list before going to sleep, don't use the time allocated for work for anything else (including mumsnet .

-If you are so stressed you can't concentrate in your work, stop and do other thing, sometime working in a different subject would help, sometimes is better to go for a walk (you are not wasting time, you will waste it anyways in front of the books if you are not going anywhere but at least if you take a break you can rest a bit, and come back to work with a clearer head.

-Never read anything related to your course work in bed, it would just stress you out or send you back to work at a time when you should be resting.

-I have got a DVD called The Seven Secrets of Yoga (Barbara Currie). The nice thing about it is that the workout is broken into 10 minutes segments for each part of the body. So, if I am very stressed, instead of attacking the fridge (my former tranquiliser), I do 10 min of Yoga and go back to work. And I kill two birds with the same stone, get a bit relaxed while doing a bit of exercise.

- Keep in mind that the world doesn't end if you don't get distinction (I have noticed that since I accepted I was doing enough raising DS, having a business and studying and that it was NOT essential to be perfect doing the three things, with that in mind I set up to work in my dissertation, my aim was just to pass... I ended up with distinction which only proves that a relaxed mind works more efficiently Hope that helps.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: