Talk

Advanced search

OMG Ive got an interview!!!!!!!!!!

(6 Posts)
sallystrawberry Fri 28-Jan-05 14:44:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

colditzmum Fri 28-Jan-05 14:56:17

No advice, just well done!

They might suggest you get a care job if you don't have any experience (not saying you don't!)

shevi Fri 28-Jan-05 14:59:38

great news!! i started uni in sept doing public health, shortened degree as i am already rgn.

I think if i can give you any advice, it would be to go on to the DOH website and look at their most recent documents, at this stage just the introductory paragraph will be enough. The ones they ask us to refer to in as many essays as possible is 'choosing health' and 'liberating the talents'
Perhaps also too acknowledge how much the NHS has changed over the years with a radical modernisation agenda, focusing particularly on quality. Changing NHS means the role of the nurse has changed, we are required to be more proactive than reactive, where ever possible focusing on improving services and health promotion. good luck when is ur interview?

Moomina Fri 28-Jan-05 15:03:39

Fantastic news Sally - am really pleased for you!

I think preparation is the key. I tried to make sure I had a good idea of the sorts of questions they would be likely to ask and really prepared for them, brainstormed answers, wrote them down etc (but don't learn them off by heart or you'll sound really false lol) I also made sure I had some questions to ask them as well because it makes you sound prepared and as if you've given the whole thing plenty of thought! And reading up on NT etc is good as they like to know you are familiar with current issues (at least they did for my midwifery interviews).

Apart from that, all I can really say is try to be yourself. They expect nerves, after all. Smile and try to use 'positive' body language if you can. Loads of luck - when is it?

sallystrawberry Fri 28-Jan-05 15:16:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kelly1978 Fri 28-Jan-05 15:56:25

Hi,
I went for a nursing course interview and can remember they were also very focused on assesing whether you would be able to cope with the demands of the course, i.e. questions about how do you deal with stress, etc.
Good luck - it's not as scary as it seems b4hand! I got in but had to refuse the place due to circumstances, wud have loved to have done it tho

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now