Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

NHS Student nurse bursaries.... quick question

(4 Posts)
lunavix Mon 19-May-08 19:40:14

Does it count as income for housing benefit and tax credits? When I applied for Uni i'm 100% sure I read somewhere it didn't.

Panicking now as I've been told it does. Will mean I will get next to no HB and next to no TC as I'll be earning but technically not working...

avenanap Mon 19-May-08 23:40:27

You don't have to pay council tax as you are a student. They do count the busary as income though, the NHS Bursary unit were talking about giving students an allowance for rented accomodation though but I'm not sure if they have done this, you may still be entitled to housing benefit though as once you earn over a certain amount the amount of benefit decreases so you may still get some help if you apply. Remember that they Universities have money availiable to top up a bursary, you can also get child tax credit. A bursary is not income for the working tax credits though because you are not paying tax.

kerrimummi Mon 14-Jul-08 15:45:17

you can also get a student loan as you should qualify because you are having to support yourself.. I get the bursary from NHS university funding... 2,000 for my child and nursery fees paid for I also still get housing benefit because my partner is also studying. may depend on your circumstances xxx

sallystrawberry Wed 16-Jul-08 14:17:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now