Talk

Advanced search

Have you ever filled in a pain diary, pain questionnaire, had an interview about pain you were suffering?????????

(12 Posts)
sallystrawberry Mon 10-Jan-05 22:29:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsBigD Mon 10-Jan-05 22:32:31

Hi Sallystrawberry

well I had to keep a pain diary so see whether there is a pattern yonks back and it was very simple... * for mild pain, ** medium pain, * sever pain

Don't know if that's any help though

sallystrawberry Mon 10-Jan-05 22:34:00

hunkermunker Mon 10-Jan-05 22:35:13

I've not had anything as structured as a pain diary, but I have been asked about pain on a scale of one to ten at varying times (I have stage 4 endometriosis). I was asked how many days I had pain before a period and how I'd rate it, then during a period (did it vary - what was the worst pain and what was the 'general level') and what it was like the rest of my cycle.

I did find it useful as it helped me focus on comparisons between the different levels of pain I was experiencing. Because pain is something you don't remember that well (which is why babies have siblings...!), it helps to have a concrete scoring system to measure it with IMO. If I'd had a more involved problem, I'm sure that keeping a pain diary would've been something that helped me.

(And just for info, worst pain during a period - 10, worst pain during labour - 8-9...)

Hope that's sort of what you're after - I know it's not quite a questionnaire or a diary.

sallystrawberry Mon 10-Jan-05 22:38:49

sallystrawberry Mon 10-Jan-05 22:55:55

sallystrawberry Mon 10-Jan-05 23:24:42

sallystrawberry Mon 10-Jan-05 23:26:33

hunkermunker Mon 10-Jan-05 23:26:41

Good luck with it, hun. Glad I could help a bit.

sallystrawberry Tue 11-Jan-05 01:04:24

sallystrawberry Tue 11-Jan-05 21:01:49

sallystrawberry Mon 17-Jan-05 21:18:25

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now