Talk

Advanced search

I am enjoying college so much

(45 Posts)
nutcracker Tue 02-Oct-07 20:38:55

I thought some of you would like to know how I was doing seeing as you were all so helpful in getting me there in the first place.

It's going great, and the part time one day a week route is just right for me, as I'm learning loads but don't feel over loaded and under pressure at all.

I have made some good friend already, and been in fits of laughter with them today.

It hasn't even crossed my mind not to carry on, not once, even when I have to get up 15 min earlier to make sure we are out the door on time.

So, there you go, just a little update, and another thank you to tiredemma for getting me on the course and lending me better books than anyone else has LOL.

P.S, tiredemma, did you know that from today the UCE is now Birmingham City University ?

TheArmadillo Tue 02-Oct-07 20:40:11

well done you.

Glad you are enjoying it.

VeniVidiVickiQV Tue 02-Oct-07 20:40:14

Good for you.

Lovely to see such a positive post from you. smile

emkana Tue 02-Oct-07 20:40:28

Well done, I was wondering hte other day how you were doing.

WinnieThePooh Tue 02-Oct-07 20:40:42

Glad you are enjoying it nutty.

nutcracker Tue 02-Oct-07 20:46:39

Thanks smile

It's nice to be posting such positive things for a change too.

iota Tue 02-Oct-07 20:48:47

sounds good, nut - well done smile

lissiethevampireslayer Tue 02-Oct-07 20:51:29

good for you, ive just gone back to college too and love it. what are you studying?

tiredemma Tue 02-Oct-07 20:52:32

FANTASTIC!!! I was thinking about you today, wondering how you was getting on.

The part time course is so much more managable with homelife etc. Glad the books came in handy!!

yes- we heard about UCE, new logo aswell. It looks good- if I had known what branch I would have wanted before applying, I probably would have gone there, their course content looks good.

So glad again you are enjoying it- are there many on the course.
I made some fab friends on my access.

stick at it!!!!

nutcracker Tue 02-Oct-07 20:55:29

It looks posher lol

I need to ring them tommorow to find out about credits, because on the course info, it says that you need xyz but can SC students please ring as our course tariff is different to everyone elses hmm

There were 29 in our class to start with, and we only had 24 this week, although I think a couple were actually ill.

tiredemma Tue 02-Oct-07 21:00:51

Yes I saw that in the prospectus, best to find out- the course goes so fast, before you know it, you will be writing personal statements and then it will be all over!

Are the books ok? do you understand the Martini one? Its a bit indepth but very good.

Im loving my course now that we are studying our branch modules- its so much more interesting.

I really really am so chuffed for you- I can almost hear the 'spring' in your posts

nospeak Tue 02-Oct-07 21:01:55

Excellent! Inspiration for me to finally get round to doing my law degree!

jofeb04 Tue 02-Oct-07 21:04:20

I'm so pleased for you Nutty, I had to give my access course up due to medical reasons, but I truly believe you will be fine on the course, in uni etc.

nutcracker Tue 02-Oct-07 21:07:06

Aww thanks you lot smile

The books are great emma, all I am doing at the moment is looking in them for the bits we have gone over in college and trying to not look at much else incase i get scared. They are very very helpful, and i have post it notes all over them grin

zippitippitoes Tue 02-Oct-07 21:07:27

brilliant grin

Califright Tue 02-Oct-07 21:08:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fireflyfairy2 Tue 02-Oct-07 21:11:54

Excellent

The first stepping stone to a whole new you grin

dissle Tue 02-Oct-07 21:16:02

what you doing nutty?

moondog Tue 02-Oct-07 21:18:15

Oh, bloody excellent Nutty.
Soooo hoped this was you!!! grin
This will open so many doors to a new way of life for you.
Well done and a huge hug.

XXX

nutcracker Tue 02-Oct-07 21:35:07

grin you are all so kind, you'll have me cryin in a minute

I am doing an access to health and nursing course dissle. Hopefully eventually go on to do childrens nursing smile

moondog Tue 02-Oct-07 21:36:04

Have you told your ex yet?
I'd love to have seen his face.

LadyTophamHatt Tue 02-Oct-07 21:38:02

well, its about time nutty, isn't it??

I'm really really REALLY pleased that I'm reading this. Well done chuckgrin

I have no idea how or why I missed all this but what caourse is it?

LadyTophamHatt Tue 02-Oct-07 21:38:38

ah, ned to read al you rposts....nursing course.

Fabbo!

nutcracker Tue 02-Oct-07 21:39:13

Oh yeah he knows, and is pretending to be all pleased for me etc, but I can tell that really he is greatly pissed off that I am getting on with my life without him.

Tbh I never though I would move on, but thanks to everyone on here, and my family, who always make sure that me and the kids have what we need, get where we need to be and remain as stress free as poss, it is finally happening.

Oh and i might be going on a night out in early Nov grin now that is something i can't wait to tell xp.

WitnessProtectionCod Tue 02-Oct-07 21:40:16

what are oyu studyign nut

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now