Talk

Advanced search

Im buggered. Have a re-sit on weds and I know im going to fail it. Feel sick and pissed off.

(49 Posts)
tiredemma Mon 27-Aug-07 17:22:17

I have spent most of the day revising and crying, im buggered- I cannot pass this exam. I will have to leave the course.
sad

nutcracker Mon 27-Aug-07 17:23:15

No you will not.

What is the exam on ???

Can you try a different way of revising ??

littlelapin Mon 27-Aug-07 17:24:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dustystar Mon 27-Aug-07 17:24:48

{{{hugs}}} Poor you its horrible when it gets on top of you. Try not to panic and don't you dare think about leaving the course when you must have put in so much effort to get this far. I bet there's a whole lot more inside your head than you're giving yourself credit for.

tiredemma Mon 27-Aug-07 17:26:10

Ive tried every way- im completely blank on all of the questions- when I go to write it all up- I cant remember a thing- or what I do write makes no sense and does not run in a logical sequence.

Its Biological science- 4 essay type questions on various bollocks to do with the body.

I wont even get the 40% pass.

dustystar Mon 27-Aug-07 17:27:57

Do you know the stuff? What i mean is - is it that you are so anxious that you cannot retrieve info from your memory that you know you know IYSWIM

littlelapin Mon 27-Aug-07 17:28:03

tiredemma Mon 27-Aug-07 17:32:27

Im not thinking of leaving thecourse! I will be booted off.

Nursing degree.

Questions for exam are

1.Draw a labeled diagram of the central nervous system that shows the brains coverings, ventricular sytem and major structures, briefly annotate your diagram to idicate the key functions of each structure. Discuss disfunctions and diseases relating to each structer.

2.explain how our knowledge of the actions of insulin, glucagon and cortisol in the regulation of blood sugar helps allow us to understand the pathopysiological processes underlying Diabetic ketoacidosis.

3. describe the physiological changes to acute haemorrhage where greater than 30% of the circulating blood volume is lost.

4. describe the effects of obstuctive respiratory lung disease upon ventilation and gaseous exchange.

just typing the q's out makes me feel sick.

tiredemma Mon 27-Aug-07 17:33:50

I missed the first exam as I had gastro from the care home where I work- ( i have a drs note but this will not allow me another re-sit)

tiredemma Mon 27-Aug-07 17:35:18

dusty- to be honest, no I dont understand a lot of it, some of it is too indepth.

Im doing mental health for my branch but still have to understand all of this.

littlelapin Mon 27-Aug-07 17:35:50

dustystar Mon 27-Aug-07 17:36:08

Have you got all the info you need? I might be able to find some stuff through the OU.

littlelapin Mon 27-Aug-07 17:36:30

tiredemma Mon 27-Aug-07 17:38:02

Im struggling to write the processes out in a logical order- I forget things and then it just goes all wrong.

Dp said " you cant get 40% on an exam that you already know the questions to?" - which in theory sounds mad, but the content that they expect is massive and its just not sticking in my brain.

tiredemma Mon 27-Aug-07 17:38:33

thanks dusty- I have it all- just can remember it all!

dustystar Mon 27-Aug-07 17:41:39

The way i use to remember lots of info is to reduce it to a few topic headings and some notes. I then memorise these short "essy plans" and practice writing an essay from them. As soon as i get into the exam room i write down my plan and then work from that. I find that this way even if I start panicing because i get brain freeze I have something written down in front of me to prompt me to remember the rest.

dustystar Mon 27-Aug-07 17:42:25

Other people find memory maps really useful as they are very visual.

tiredemma Mon 27-Aug-07 17:48:29

thnaks- off to revise some more.

smile

dustystar Mon 27-Aug-07 17:50:57

Good luck emma. Don't give upsmile Sending you some positive vibes ~~~~~~~

cazzybabs Mon 27-Aug-07 17:55:20

Try memory maps.

The only thing that works for me is memonics. I write an eassy plan for each eassy, then condense it till I have a list of about 10 bullet points. I learn one key word for each of these bullet points, then look at the letters and try and make a sentence out of them or a word.

Keep writing the sentence or word and say it - voilia key points leaned.

Seriously practise writing eassys. Learn the basics of 3 eassys - don't bother witht the 4th unless you have time. You only need 40%.

You can do it, but not if you are crying and panicing.

dustystar Mon 27-Aug-07 18:00:33

Good point about just revising hard for 3 essays cazzybaps

tiredemma Mon 27-Aug-07 18:09:59

Thanks- some good points cazzybabs ( why didnt I ask this weeks ago???)

I have to get 40% on each question to get 40% overall if that makes sense? ie it will 100% each question- which is a pisser. Even I could manage 10% on each one grin

dustystar Mon 27-Aug-07 18:13:59

What a horrible way of marking. I wish i had time to help you more but i am minding all day tomorrow and then have to finish an assignment that is due in by midnight tomorrow.

Doodledootoo Mon 27-Aug-07 18:16:02

Message withdrawn

cazzybabs Mon 27-Aug-07 18:18:19

Right - queen of crash revision. Are you certain of subjects? Can you just learn a bit of 40% of each eassy. Just learn the basics for each question. Do enough to get 40% for each. They don't want you to fail - it looks bad on them. You have a day and a night. Get off MN.

Today revise q1 - just the very basics enough to get 40%. Think of an eassy title - write all you know down. Then get your text book - check and add more. Keep writign that down unitl you know it.

Tomorrow morning q2 and then for go over 1 and 2.

etc etc.

Revise for 50 mins and then take a break. You know more than you think you do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now