Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Going into Mental Health

(3 Posts)
auntysocial Thu 16-Aug-07 00:29:40

I want to work in Mental Health but have no experience of this at all so it order to start off my qualifications I have enrolled on "Understanding Health and Social Care" with the open uni as a "base" so to speak...this starts in October.

Anyway I've just been looking at my local college and they do a certificate in councelling level 1, 2 and 3. Level 1 and 2 are only 5 weeks long each so would it be worth me doing these on top of the open uni thing? Its only one day a week...would I be allowed and would it be beneficial?

Level 3 is a bit longer but that leads onto the degree in councelling which then qualifies you as a proffesional councellor which sounds great...am I looking at this with rose tinted glasses? it seems a bit too good to be true?

Any advice?

choosyfloosy Thu 16-Aug-07 09:14:31

Fantastic work you are doing. Possibly you should check with a local councillor or BACP what qualifications they recommend? But the courses sound good.

tiredemma Thu 16-Aug-07 09:16:19

Good luck!

Im a mental health student nurse ( going into yr two this sept!)

I think im going to try to get a councelling qual as well as my nursing degree.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now