Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone studied OU K269 social care,social work and the law?

(6 Posts)
me23 Tue 31-Jul-07 18:08:40

I need to decide which level 2 courses to study next year, I'm working towards a degree in health and social care. I've nealrly finished K100.

I want to do human biology sk277 (30 points) and k269 looks interesting but I've noticied it is much more expensice than the other 30 point courses. IT cost over £500 wheras SK277 is £315. Any one know why this is?

it mean that my financial support won't cover all the cost of my course fees so I'll have to pay part of them myself (am pretty skint!) so I won't to know if it's worth it, and how hardgoign it is?

thanks x

me23 Wed 01-Aug-07 18:09:49

bump

jofeb04 Wed 01-Aug-07 19:59:41

Hiya

I'm not studying towards heath and social care, but do the module that you will enjoy most.

HTH

gothicmama Wed 01-Aug-07 20:04:50

think about what you want to do with the qualification and go for what will help you achieve that

moominsmummy Wed 01-Aug-07 20:12:58

DH did this a couple of years back - says it is hard work but if you want to be a Social Worker ever you will need this unit - it is a very useful course to understand the laws regarding children and older people services. He seemed to really enjoy it despite the hard work
hope this info helps

me23 Thu 02-Aug-07 17:43:59

Thanks for the replies! it turns out I have a interview for a midwifery secondment I applied for at work so If I get accepted onto that I won't be doing OU any more. Althou if I don't get it I think I will do K269 as It does sound like something I would find interesting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now