Talk

Advanced search

How on earth do I catch up?

(4 Posts)
mommathatwearspink Sun 27-Jan-19 18:51:33

I’m currently studying a professional qualification (degree level) on day release from work who have funded it for me. However I’m really struggling... I work FT, have two DC (under 4) and obviously have all the other usual life commitments... cleaning, cooking, school runs, etc etc. I’ve fallen behind on the first two modules of the year and I’m still struggling to get them completed (I’ve had 2 extensions and I’m still not finished) and now I’m getting behind on the weekly submissions in the next two modules. How on earth do I catch up? I’m exhausted at the end of every day as it is sad

Anise7438 Sun 27-Jan-19 18:56:48

Will work allow you half a day a week?

Otherwise you just to be very strict with yourself. Evenings when you'd look on Facebook/internet you need to study. It's so hard. I completed my masters doing the same.

PercysMama Mon 28-Jan-19 13:46:23

You just have to push through it unfortunately, I had 2 under 2 while studying at university full time and working a full time night job. I would get back from uni at 4 pick up the babes drop them with my husband and be in work from 6 all night 5 days a week then at the weekend I would be up all day with the kids and at the library all night. I wrote alot of my assignments in a couple of nights and im sure my tutors hated me turneing up to lectures looking like a zombie or late, I think I slept a few hours a day at most (not healthy I know!) But I did pass with a 1st I had to push myself to the very end of my abilities though to get through it, i did nothing but study and be a mom and feel guilty :p I just kept pushing through, I wish you all the luck in the world just keep pushing mama you've got this!

mommathatwearspink Mon 28-Jan-19 14:54:19

Thank you for your replies smile
Like you say, I just need to push through... it won’t be for ever and there are better things waiting at the end of it all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: