Talk

Advanced search

Why am I so broody

(7 Posts)
Girlonfire1998 Thu 04-Oct-18 19:33:56

Hi guys smile
So I'm only 19 years of age and my boyfriend is 28.
For some reason I have been getting extremely broody these past few months and I don't know why as I'm in no position to have a child right now as I'm a student.
My boyfriend has an amazing job and has the funds for a house and a family and would like children but I haven't been telling him how much I want one as of late.
One of my friends at university has just announced she is pregnant and I became extremely jealous and it makes no sense, as I should be happy for her as she miss-carried earlier this year.
Please if anyone has any advice on how to deal with this broody-ness it would be a great help x

Annalogy Thu 04-Oct-18 19:45:33

Nope nope nope.

You need to focus on yourself and your degree. You'll be in a far better position to have a child once you've finished university.

I know your boyfriend has the funds, but the worst thing you could do is to have a baby now and have to be financially reliant on someone else.

Your teens/early 20s should be the most carefree of your life, IMO. You've plenty of time to become a mother, become you first thanks

Thatstheendofmytether Thu 04-Oct-18 19:52:16

OP I had the same problem a she back when my friend had a baby and then another friend who lives in the same street fell pregnant and another woman I know! I was determined to have a third dc because I was so broody. Now 6 months later not so much. I had a baby at 18 and I love him with all my heart but it was hard work. Although I was alone. Finish your studying get a job then see how you feel. Don't dive in head first.

Girlonfire1998 Fri 05-Oct-18 10:26:19

I think it's just hard. So many people I know have got pregnant and I know I am in no way shape or form ready for one but the feelings of wanting one is just frying my brain D:
Just wondering how you tackled the craving for a kid

Racecardriver Fri 05-Oct-18 10:29:52

I got this after meeting my husban at 18. I think for a lot of people it's just a question of meeting the right person and then being like I really want your baby. I had my first child at your age actually.

pattimayonnaise Fri 05-Oct-18 10:41:38

I have two friends that had babies at uni. One dropped out and has never really made a career or had a job and the other got her degree but never used it. I had a baby relatively young at 24, I love my daughter and she's amazing but if I could have had her a few years later then I would have. There is so much I would have liked to have done before having children. I ended up leaving a six year gap between her and my second child, because trying to progress in a career whilst paying for nursery etc is so hard, and that's on two salaries. Think carefully about this, I wish you the best!

silkpyjamasallday Fri 05-Oct-18 10:50:59

I had my daughter at 21 during a break from uni (I'd deferred due to lack of support with MH issues and hadn't planned to get pregnant) I love her with all my heart, she is the love of my life, but it is very very hard seeing my peers starting amazing careers and travelling while I'm doing colouring and walking round the park with DD everyday and so tired I can't even contemplate doing anything for myself. Live your life a bit before you have DC, honestly it will put you in a better position to decide when you want them and you won't feel so unfulfilled. The urges are hormonal and will pass, it will be a much easier and happier experience of having a baby if you already have your financial independence in place. How long have you been with your partner? It's great that he would be in a position to support you and any DC, but it isn't wise to make yourself beholden to a man for money, believe me it is a lot harder to find a decent job when you have to work around DC.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: