Talk

Advanced search

How are you all coping?

(2 Posts)
MittensIsReadyForWinter Sun 05-Nov-17 15:52:35

I am doing my last year at uni and I am really struggling fitting everything in and just having a structured routine. I have so much studying and assignments to do already and I only started a month ago! Plus I need to get research in for my dissertation before New Years.

I have a 12 month old who is full of energy but he is also frequently ill because he catches the bugs from nursery so when he is ill, he doesn't sleep so I cannot get any work done. I also work part time when I am not going to uni and when I get home, DS is wide awake because DH has put him down for a nap late in the afternoon because my DH wants to nap as well before he goes to work so my DS doesn't sleep most of the night and so I can't get my work done either! Everything getting on top of me at the min.. this sounds more like a rant and rave! Sorry everyone.

How do you juggle kids and uni life?! If you have more kids than I do then I really do applaud you! It must be so difficult. I haven't seen my family for ages cos I just cannot fit the time in to see them. While DS is at nursery I am at uni then a couple of hours before I am due to pick him up I sit in the library to get some of my work done. I think I am just exhausted and need a holiday sad

Graceface26 Thu 09-Nov-17 00:00:49

Hi there, I completely feel your pain!
I'm in my first year of a masters degree and I've got a 10 month old and a 6 year old. I also did my nursing degree when my first was 1. I honestly don't know what I was thinking doing it again. I don't think there is any easy way to do a degree with young children. It's really really tough and you've really got to be on the ball with organisation. I think you've just got to get on with a little work any time you get a chance. Really make use of that library time you get. Is there anyone you could ask to watch your little one for a few hours in the evening as your dissertation deadline approaches? You're in your last year now, so you're nearly there! Just think of how you'll feel when it's done and opportunities it will bring for you and your family. It'll be a tough year but it will definitely all be worth it in the end - we wouldn't put ourselves through it otherwise!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now