Advanced search

Housing Benefit for full time student?

(4 Posts)
Babyboy15 Sat 28-Oct-17 14:19:52

I'd like to know if I will be able to receive it?

My partner has moved out we were are no longer today and there is not a chance of me affording the bills/rent/council tax all on my own.

So if I could get help with the rent I'd be grateful.

I have a 22 month old and in 1st year at uni.

Anyone going through this?

Brokenbiscuit Sat 28-Oct-17 14:22:17

There will be a team of advisers based at your university or student union. If you make an appointment with them, they should be able to help you work out what support you will be eligible for in your particular circumstances.

Good luck!☺

dede124 Mon 13-Nov-17 17:16:05

Have you received a student loan? If so I don't think you can claim housing benefit x

lilac23 Sun 04-Feb-18 09:48:12

Hello sorry I'm late to this but I'm almost 100% sure you can claim housing benefit as a student so long as you are a parent!

The rules are different for all benefits where students are concerned, without a differentiating circumstance (parent, carer, disabled) you can't claim anything. With one of these, you can.

Universal Credit definitely allows you to study and receive support as I do now.

Hope this helps! smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: