Talk

Advanced search

Midwifery Students

(3 Posts)
melissacx9 Wed 25-Oct-17 20:49:32

Hi everyone!

I'm not sure if there are any potential or current midwifery students on here, however I have recently began the first year of my midwifery degree and have created a blog that I update weekly about my journey through the course. I thought that it could be useful to anyone who is thinking about studying midwifery in order to find out more about the demands of the course, especially for parents as I have a nine month old myself.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share links on here? However the website is melissasmidwifery dot wordpress dot com. I hope that this is OK to share.

Also, I know that midwifery is a very competitive, over-applied for course, and I'm sure there must be people who are on here who's child(ren) are looking at applying for a place. Please do feel more than welcome to communicate with me, either on this thread or via PM, if you would like to find out anything more about the course. I'm really passionate about it, so I don't mind at all!

Thanks x

giveovermypreciousss Mon 06-Nov-17 20:10:26

Hi melissa, I have just been invited to interview for midwifery. How do you find arranging childcarefor weekends/evenings?

melissacx9 Mon 13-Nov-17 16:45:49

Hello giveover! How funny you should ask that as I'm literally writing a post on it at the moment!

I have a very supportive family who have my son (he's only 9 months old and not in nursery). If my partner can't have him then my mum, nana or aunt will. There are others on the course who don't have the same family support and they tend to have childminders, au pairs and babysitters. I think the key to it is being organised!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now