Talk

Advanced search

Single mums who are at uni?

(3 Posts)
dazedandconfuse Mon 23-Oct-17 18:47:27

I have a 3 year old and am expecting a baby in April. I'm only in my first year but I'm really really hoping there is a way I might be able to continue my study and finish the year on time? I managed to finish college and actually went to uni last year but it wasn't for me so I'm now on a new course at a new uni. Sorry rambling a bit now but the point is do any of you guys reckon it's possible to continue my degree without a year out as a single mum to a small child AND new born?

Sorry if this makes 0 sense thlconfused

dazedandconfuse Mon 23-Oct-17 18:48:05

Realised I probably should of put a different title 🙄🙄

PineappleSnapple Fri 27-Oct-17 12:09:34

Males perfect sense.

I'm a second year with a 22 month old and I'm finding it really hard to get work done; reading, coursework etc. She's in nursery full time so the days that I have off, I try to do work at home but its so easy to procrastinate and have 'me time' as I never really do with her at home ☺

In your situation I think I would take the year out, unless you had a really goof support network around you. I live about 60 miles from my network so its just the two of us at university, I don't have anyone on call.

What are you studying btw?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: