Talk

Advanced search

Single Mum course funding support

(2 Posts)
Mazz242 Fri 20-Oct-17 17:14:03

Hi everyone,
I wondered if anyone could help. My sister is a single mum of two and really wants to go into a teaching assistant role. She currently works at a primary school as a Play Maker but could give a lot more to the kids.
She’s so good at forming relationships with the children and would be really helpful if she had more time with them.
She has looked into the courses that would allow her to progress into this role, but they are not cheap!
As a single mum who only works part time, as I’m sure many of you can appreciate, there are difficulties in these situations. Which is sad and can be really disheartening (as well as frustrating!).
Is anyone aware of any financial support schemes in place that can help fund this type of learning / development? From what I’ve seen there is help for unemployed and the government advance learning loans are only for level 3 and above courses, I’m not sure about anything else.
If there is any further advice that people can offer, that would be great! Thank you

Louw12345 Sun 22-Oct-17 23:42:21

She could ask where she works to fund it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now