Talk

Advanced search

How do you get the time to revise with a young infant?

(6 Posts)
cuddlebug Wed 01-Mar-17 00:56:54

Hi all. I am a student who is starting my final year at university in September. I took a year out to have my son who was born in October 2016.

I am currently studying a vocational qualification to become an Assessor, then going to university to get my H&SC degree.

I am rather worried about the organisational and prioritising side of things. My partner is wonderful and does everything he can to help, but he has to work as well as I do and with a (one year old in October) to take care of, I am worried about how to fit my revision time in! I already struggle looking after my son and do my Vocational course, as well as keep on top of household duties and so on.

Tell me, what do you all do?! I know that I do need to prioritise more! Do you put your baby in nursery?

highinthesky Wed 01-Mar-17 01:13:38

I think the answer is routine. The sooner your baby starts sleeping nights, the better - use the precious evening hours to your advantage.

Housework can take a backseat / delegate. Be clear with DP that you need his help, your degree will be a joint effort!

sailorcherries Sat 04-Mar-17 22:13:51

I studied during my DS nap time and after he went to sleep. I also enrolled him for full days in nursery on the day I had class. I may only have been in for 3 hours on one day, but the extra 3 or so hours I'd spend revising or completing the assignments, which meant more time with DS overall.

Pippone Sat 04-Mar-17 22:19:52

Put the little one in nursery full time. I'm a second year with a 14 month old who's in 3 days a week at nursery, but I'm putting her in full time next term because there's not enough hours in the day to study when she's around.

toastedpeanuts Sat 04-Mar-17 22:23:34

I'm studying now for an exam and have a toddler. My housework has gone out the window: sometimes I cram it all in every few days but overall my house is nothing like it used to be.
I have set days for emptying dishwasher washing stuff etc. Then set days for study. Make sure toddler has set days to be looked after and then go library on those days. Can't study at home as end up doing so many things I didn't get done. Sometimes like today I stay up late and do it.?
I let myself off for housework and then when exam finally over or I have ages once again before the next lot, I just make sure I stay on top of everything again. I find it difficult. But it's doable. And temporary smile

usernameinfinito Fri 14-Apr-17 23:04:30

How are you doing ? I am exhausted but need to keep going, I feel lucky I have found this thread as I don't feel alone. The only way I can do any work is staying up late.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now