Talk

Advanced search

has anyone studied at home with DCA learning??

(7 Posts)
LadyTophamHatt Tue 27-Feb-07 11:25:32

I sent away for some info on the Teaching assistant course that arrived today, it looks quite good (a little pricey though) but I just wondered if anyone out there has used them?

LadyTophamHatt Tue 27-Feb-07 15:59:45

I'll take that as a No then...

LadyTophamHatt Tue 27-Feb-07 20:05:42

last try.....

Skribble Tue 27-Feb-07 22:23:33

Had a look at their website and looks very similar to the company I was going to childcare with a while ago, when I investigated further the course did not give a qualification that would be recognised by anyone. Most of the courses including the Teaching Assistant just give you a DCA Diploma, this may not count for anything with your local education department. I would check with them if they think it is worth doing.

Looks like you can train towards a NVQ once in employment but not sure what other training is availible before employment, I think experience is good to get too, perhaps as a volutary assistant in a school.
Another course here, about the same cost, again I would check with local education department and find out their opionion on these didstance courses. ink{http://www.teaching-assistants.co.uk/This site has a message board where you might get a better answer

Another site which might be useful

Skribble Tue 27-Feb-07 22:25:15

sorry

Another course again I would check with local education department and find out their opionion on these distance courses.

and

\link{http://www.teaching-assistants.co.uk/This site has a message board where you might get a better answer}

Skribble Tue 27-Feb-07 22:25:46

This site has a message board where you might get a better answer

Right I think thats it that time

LadyTophamHatt Wed 28-Feb-07 08:31:20

thanks skribble, I didn't wonder about what qualification it would give me as it says nothing on the info they sent.

I'll look at those links later, onceall the kids are at scholl.

Thanks again...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: