Talk

Advanced search

Ou'ers, advice on an ECA please?

(6 Posts)
lilibet Wed 21-Feb-07 16:34:30

After I've finished my current course (A2717) I fancy the look of this Archeology

but am wondering about the end of course assesment. Does anyone know how many words it will be? The way they phrase it is a bit scary!

And will they let me do Archeology if I can't even spell the bloody word?

Molesworth Wed 21-Feb-07 18:01:34

The length of ECAs varies. I did an ECA course last year, and the ECA had a word count of 3250, although I know some are longer. But from what I can gather they're normally in the 3000-5000 word range (at undergraduate level).

If you call your regional centre they will find out the exact word count for you.

lilibet Wed 21-Feb-07 18:03:15

Thanks

At the moment 3000 seems an awful lot when the most you have done is 2000.
It's a new course so I don't know how sorted they will be with the details - I'll go to my next open day and hopefully talk to someone there.

Molesworth Wed 21-Feb-07 18:04:54

I know it sounds scary but you will find it's no different to a normal TMA once you get stuck in, honestly. I'd rather have an ECA than an exam any day

lilibet Wed 21-Feb-07 18:14:32

Molesworth - normal TMAs are scary

And I've not done an exam for about 25 years, so I'm not looking forward to October either!

goblinqueen Wed 21-Feb-07 18:59:33

Just found out that this course has an ECA rather than an exam and I'm ecstatic. Last year my continuous assessment mark was 78% and in the exam I got 59% So I think I know where my strength lies... of course that was last year and a different course!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now