Talk

Advanced search

Student nurse due to qualify a month before baby due

(1 Post)
Mamato1 Thu 18-Aug-16 00:20:47

Hi all,

My partner and I recently discovered that I am pregnant and due around 13th April 2017. I am a final year student nurse due to qualify in March 2017, although I actually finish my final placement around mid February where I will be around 33 weeks. I will be applying for jobs around October/November time when I will be approx 16 weeks.
My question is, has anyone ever been in this situation before and what did you do? Or, if you work in this field already, please could you offer some advice?
I am a very capable student and have frequently been informally offered jobs on wards for when I qualify however this obviously throws a bit of a spanner in the works. I'm anxious as to whether many places would hold a job for me following maternity leave and whether it would work with preceptorship.
I have a 20 month old son already (yes I've done it again!!) and have had a very complicated journey through the course this far, one that has pushed me to try my absolute hardest and I have done very well achieving excellent feedback and high grades. I just hope someone is willing to give me a chance and wait a few months for me post-qualifying! I haven't yet told my university but will be very soon.
Any advice would be gratefully received!

Thanks in advance,
Mamato1 (almost 2!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now