Will SFE pay the childcare grant after you've graduated?

(5 Posts)
blinkowl Tue 16-Aug-16 21:43:51

Has anyone had any dealings with SFE for the childcare grant late in the year?

The deadline for getting the forms in is 9 months after your course starts, which I did, just, sending them details of money spent on childcare while studying. I have now graduated.

SFE have written to me saying they are stopping my payments as I am "no longer in attendance on my course". But of course I am no longer in attendance - I just graduated!

I met their deadlines, surely I am entitled to the money?

(Incidentally one of their people told me there was no deadline at all on the phone - that's patently not true, but it's what they said.)

I'm working long hours the next few days so might not get a chance to call them.

Has anyone else had dealings with them over this?

blinkowl Wed 17-Aug-16 08:57:12

Hopeful bump

Louw12345 Mon 23-Jan-17 23:29:28

Do you mean to reclaim the money you spent on childcare or to pay childcare for you now you have graduated?

notgivingin789 Mon 13-Feb-17 22:54:26

No, in your last year of University they only fund up to term three. e.g. when your course ends.

They don't fund your childcare after you've graduated.

sailorcherries Sat 04-Mar-17 22:15:10

Why would anyone fund childcare once you have graduated? Or back pay money for fees which you didn't require at the time?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now