Talk

Advanced search

To wonder how people cope

(3 Posts)
Curiousmum69 Tue 31-May-16 16:38:38

How do people do it. I constantly feel like I'm struggling to fit everything in. I have 4 DCs ranging from 7-15 and I waited until my youngest was at school before I went back.

I'm just finishing my second year. But it's been so hard. I literally feel like I can not do it all in either failing my children or failing my units, never mind the state of my house.

I was telling myself it's fine it's only for a few years and they will be fine. But now I'm looking at post degree options and it seems all the graduate schemes seem to want you to work crazy hours or relocate.

I really wanted to do a PhD and go into research. But now I'm thinking that this is just unobtainable as a parent the expectations seem too high confused.

Has anyone else done it? How does everyone else for it all in?

Pisssssedofff Tue 26-Jul-16 12:06:37

I will be getting an au pair and moving my Bed into my daughters room. She will go bat shit about this but it is literally the only way we will cope I think I've tried other types of child care and this is the only one that works for me, that and online shopping, not going to pretend I meal plan but I make sure there is fruit, veg and snacks galore to hand.
I rent anyway so don't care about the house really and I see the next 18 months as just surviving. I have 4 and I work 4 days too as I have to keep my cv up to date as well as get this blasted degree.

Pisssssedofff Tue 26-Jul-16 12:06:52

4 children I meant

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now