Advanced search

Mature student University anxieties

(7 Posts)
Luv2chat2U Tue 12-Apr-16 23:38:57

Hi there,

I would really appreciate any advice on this topic, I am in my final weeks of my degree, though I don't know how I got there. I suffer with real anxieties and am my worst critique , meaning that on a few occasions I have stalled on meeting deadlines, because I think my work isn't good enough. I generally get 1st or 2:1 not sure how, however when I don't submit I get capped at a 3rd..

I'm currently working on my dissertation have a dreadful supervisor, and hate literature reviews and if I don't understand something I find it difficult to move on.....the staff are very unsupportive

At this point I have lost the will to continue however despite this I am still working but very slowly and unmotivated

Anyone know of any tutors for degrees?

Please help, any advise is welcome.....

potap123 Tue 12-Apr-16 23:43:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Luv2chat2U Wed 13-Apr-16 00:01:05

Thank you.....

MishMooshAndMogwai Wed 13-Apr-16 00:12:49

I don't have a solution but I've hit the same point with my work too. Go easy on yourself, you're doing fantastically smile

PresidentOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 13-Apr-16 11:25:56

Hi there
We've moved this to our student parent topic
Kindest wishes to you , OP and best of luck with it all

figsandalmonds Fri 15-Apr-16 17:26:30

Hi there

I'm a PhD student so I understand (some of) your pain!

I have a friend who is excellent with this. Could you tell me what you're studying to see if she can help?

Sounds like you're doing great anyway!

MeadowHay Sat 16-Apr-16 11:34:38

Have you spoke to your personal tutor about how you feel? They may be more supportive. Alternatively you could approach any other member of teaching staff that you get on well with and they may help or at least point you in the direction of support services. At my uni there is quite extensive student support (everything from counselling, to relaxation classes, to careers advice, to departmental dispute help etc). I am sure there are some things like this at your uni too. Have you tried booking an appointment with your uni's student welfare department? You can have a chat with one of their advisors and they can signpost you to people that could help with your specific concerns. Good luck, you're doing great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now