Talk

Advanced search

Nursing Degree

(12 Posts)
Cheesecrumpets01 Thu 14-Jan-16 10:56:54

Just looking for some advice on little bits and pieces I might be forgetting to do. I have got my finances sorted but a few people mentioned about getting reduced council tax whilst being a student. Also does being seconded count towards my income?

DrewsWife Thu 14-Jan-16 10:59:16

Unsure. Just applied through UCAS and waiting to hear if selected for interview. Is there a council tax reduction? How do you apply?

FeelingDumb Thu 14-Jan-16 15:28:55

Depends on your circumstances but you should get some form of discount. If you are a single parent you would receive full exemption. If you have a partner it is 25% discount I believe. Once you have registered with your uni (usually in your first week) you should be given proof of your student status to give to your council tax office.

Monroe Sat 16-Jan-16 15:07:08

Watching with interest. I have been offered a place to study midwifery and any tips or advice would be really welcome.

Congratulations on your offer

DrewsWife Sat 16-Jan-16 18:20:13

Nice Monroe. What part of the country ? I'm waiting on Uni making a decision. Fingers crossed for news early in the week. Interview would be 1st Feb. Adult nursing

ChoudeBruxelles Sat 16-Jan-16 18:22:29

Students don't pay council tax so you should get a reduction of you live with another adult

ditavonteesed Sat 16-Jan-16 18:23:23

i di council tax the week i started as you have to get a form from uni to say you are enrolled, bursary does not count as income. i am in my final year so anything you want to ask fire away

Monroe Sat 16-Jan-16 22:09:31

Thanks drew, I'm in the north west, found out last week I've been offered a place at Salford. Still waiting for the oops we made a mistake email. Good luck smile

DrewsWife Sat 16-Jan-16 23:05:52

I'm going to hopefully be at UWS. How have you found the course teese?

ditavonteesed Sat 16-Jan-16 23:33:51

Intense, but I love it, it has gone so quickly i can;t believe I will actually be a nurse by the end of the year grin

Blushingm Sat 18-Jun-16 23:28:37

Drewswife I'm about to start my last placement of the 1st year at USW

calamityjam Sat 18-Jun-16 23:38:28

I did year 1 nursing at UoS last year before having to leave. I was under the impression that you couldn't claim student finance if you were seconded because you are still receiving your full wage?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now