Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

open university

(6 Posts)
strugglingtwentysomething Mon 17-Aug-15 22:45:00

Hi all, new to this! its 3 days before my TMA submission, i havnt done any reading, studying and don't really have a clue what to write about. I have a full time job (That i will be at so that rules out 72 hours of typing) and a family to look after as well as various other things (food shop, activities, social life bla bla blaaaa....). i've even just emailed my tutor saying im considering quitting! I need help and advice. what happens if i dont submit a TMA? in my first three i got an over halfway score which i was shocked and pleased with but only got 25 on my last one for similair reasons. Feel my pain!!!

AnthonyPandy Mon 17-Aug-15 23:14:48

I FEEL YOUR PAIN.

How's that?! Don't know what a TMA is but it sounds hell on earth. Can you defer? Have some annual leave? Don't make yourself ill with it all, that's my main advice. Can you just not hand it in and go for another hand in date?

ThisFenceIsComfy Mon 17-Aug-15 23:16:32

Are you in your first year?

Haggisfish Mon 17-Aug-15 23:18:58

Just ask for an extension -I'm a tutor for ou and am happy to give them. Take leave for a day and go to a library. I've also studied ou courses and had to ask for extensions!!

Haggisfish Mon 17-Aug-15 23:19:32

Ask before the deadline though and certainly not after-that is very bad form.

strugglingtwentysomething Mon 17-Aug-15 23:31:04

yes I'm in the first year! I will see what my tutor replies to my email with tomorrow. I've brought myself to bed for now (my partner caught me stressing my way through the biscuit tin ha ha) fresh day fresh head smile thanks for the advice guys!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now