Talk

Advanced search

Maintaining motivation with ou - difficult?

(5 Posts)
daizychain Sun 05-Jul-15 14:56:36

Is it difficult to maintain motivation. Or is the course structured in such a way that it's not a problem?

StoorieHoose Sun 05-Jul-15 15:13:37

I've not long finished my first OU module and I admit I did lose motivation near the end but after reading the forums etc I wasn't the only one so think I was the module more than me. currently waiting to see if I've passed the end of module assignment

Lilacflower Sun 05-Jul-15 15:26:55

Same as Stoorie, waiting to hear if I've passed my first module. It's been hard as I was pregnant for most of it. Any motivation I need is going into my rubbish job wink A day in there and I rememeber why I'm doing the course - so I don't have to do this forever ! Just think of the end result it'll be worth iy.

Zame Tue 07-Jul-15 22:21:24

I think it all depends on the individual. I did an ou module, started out all enthusiastic but did lose momentum along the way.
The help is there if you need it though, there is a planner to help you with studies, you just have to be organised

OhOneOhTwoOhThree Tue 07-Jul-15 22:25:33

I've been doing OU for a few years (Masters related to my current job, followed by an undergrad degree to help me change career). It can be hard keeping going, but IME the courses are structured in a way that whenever motivation is dipping it's usually either time to go to a tutorial or you get an assignment back - if you get a good mark it's a boost, if it's not such a good mark it makes you want to do better next time smile.

There are usually FB forums as well as the OU forums for support.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now