Talk

Advanced search

You can do it!

(6 Posts)
mygreeneyedboy Wed 24-Jun-15 14:40:41

No questions - just for all of you going through those although study hours as an uplifting message. I have finished university, had my DS in second year, no maternity leave (breastfed in lectures and seminars) and I even commuted across the country in third year to finish it.

Having done the maths, I have a 2:1. I had loads of people doubt me, even the starting of what could have been a legal battle to get some grades back as I handed in essays late. It was a major struggle - But I did it. And you all can too

Now off to do my masters with baby no2 on the way...

adrianna22 Fri 26-Jun-15 01:18:50

Thanks. I needed that grin.

I'm in my final year at University and due to personal circumstances, I've deferred my exams till
September. Though, just found out that I've got a 2.1 in my dissertation!
I am losing motivation, but I know I can do it!

adrianna22 Fri 26-Jun-15 01:19:46

Well done greenboy! You have accomplished a lot.

mygreeneyedboy Fri 26-Jun-15 08:20:00

Glad to here - it's difficult but it'll be worth it. I remember a few points, standing in the library utterly stressed, on the verge of tears, but I realised I would be in even more stress if I simply stood there, so I just carried on.

calamityjam Fri 26-Jun-15 08:23:41

Im just finishing my first year. Im finding it a real struggle to motivate myself at the moment however i have passed all my assignments and exams so it looks like i will be moving into the second year in september. Yey me!

Nightwish Fri 26-Jun-15 13:26:20

I agree with mygreen, you can do it.
I have just finished my degree with a 2.1, (slightly gutted it wasn't a first but it was realistic). I got a distinction at HND and BA(Ord).
I started when DS1 was 2, had DS2 at the end of 2nd year (4 year pathway), went back when he was 6 weeks old to start 3rd year.

Please believe in yourselves, it is really hard work but you can do it!
No matter what anyone else says, use it to fuel your determination.

I am also about to start a Masters, not with a baby on the way though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now