Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

OU 30 point level 2 module - how much time does it really take?

(3 Posts)
Supersoft Sat 20-Jun-15 23:05:29

Thinking about doing a 30 point level 2 module (death and dying) starting October - June. I've not studied properly for a while but have studied at degree level before. I believe they say you should expect to spend 10 hours a week studying. This seems quite a lot to me and I'm a bit worried about how I'm going to fit it all in with work, kids etc. does it really take 10 hours a week? Is their much support in place from tutors, other students etc?

mistletoeprickles Mon 22-Jun-15 17:12:02

I'm currently doing level one modules (I need to do 4 before I can do level 2) I'm expected to do 12 hours a week, for the first few month I didn't do anywhere near that but I'm now doing slightly more as the assignment deadlines are thick and fast in the run up to exam time.

As for support, you have a tutors phone number and email address and most will talk to you any time as well as regular face to face tutorials. For each module there is also a forum on the ou website where you can talk to students and tutors

Branleuse Mon 22-Jun-15 17:15:06

if youre worried about fitting it in, maybe do a level one first? Sorry if that seems too obvious.

Ive been doing level ones 30 credits till now, and at times i didnt do anything in a week, and then other times I did a lot more. I think 10 hours a week is probably a good average, but it depends on your style

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now