Advanced search

Probably been asked a million times

(11 Posts)
Newbrummie Sun 19-Apr-15 13:25:53

But how does it work with being a single mum - 4 kids - full time student and tax credits and housing benefit please ?
The calculators don't seem to like the student option do they ?
Thank you

MrsHuxtableReturns Sun 19-Apr-15 16:33:16

As far as I can gather you'd get:

-housing benefit due to the children
-council tax exemption if you're a full time student and no other adult is living at your address
-child benefit
child tax credits
-I believe you can also get working tax credits if you get a part-time job of 16 hours along your studies
-student loan/bursery depending on degree and country
-some sort of payments towards childcare also depending on where you are and what exactly you're doing

Does that help?

Newbrummie Sun 19-Apr-15 18:37:16

That's brilliant thank you

ClaudiusMaximus Mon 20-Apr-15 10:52:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsHuxtableReturns Mon 20-Apr-15 14:46:21

Why? Is the OP from overseas? That would change a lot I think.

Newbrummie Mon 20-Apr-15 18:59:45


Newbrummie Mon 20-Apr-15 19:00:44

I'm not from overseas and having children means I don't pay overseas fees

fairgame Mon 20-Apr-15 19:03:18

Double check with your local council about housing benefit as I wasn't allowed when I was a student single parent.

ClaudiusMaximus Mon 20-Apr-15 22:28:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Newbrummie Mon 20-Apr-15 22:41:05

No they don't when you have children to support, better than paying me income support I guess

lizabeth0607 Thu 13-Aug-15 23:47:25

I'm a full time student and entitled to no housing benefit.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: