Advanced search

Please please give me some advice I literally have no Idea.

(3 Posts)
Ineedmango Thu 27-Nov-14 21:36:22

Please help me! I live with my one year old. Im currently relying on Income support and housing benefit, council tax, child benefit ect. DC2 is on the way and DP wants to move in with us asap.

Dp is currently doing his pgce. He currently gets about £400 monthly in a bursary and more in (im assuming) a student loan or maintenance grant that comes in just after xmas. This is his only income.

My house is rented privately and I want to get back to work asap after DC2 comes along. If DP moves in soon (asap), i assume that because he is a fulltime student we would no longer recieve housing and council tax benefit? would i be no longer entitled to income support? child tax credits? How would this affect us. Ive tried using but it wont calculate because he is a student.
Is he likely to recieve anything more from uni with regards to dependents?

Its not a situation we are in by choice but I really dont know what to do or where to turn to. Please help me!

AdoraDreams Thu 27-Nov-14 22:47:23

your best bet is to contact your local CAB - they'll tell you exactly what benefits you're entitled to. however, there's a lot of financial support available for parents who are at university, and so you shouldn't suddenly be unable to claim or pay your bills.

Ineedmango Thu 27-Nov-14 22:48:05

Thank you for replying adora. Ill ring in the morning and book an appt.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: