Talk

Advanced search

vancouver referencing - in word? is there a way?

(5 Posts)
cafecito Sun 09-Mar-14 22:55:22

Hello

I have a horribly horrible paper I overshot my deadline and everything including the ceiling and universe is crashing down on my head

I've written it Harvard because I wasn't clever enough to use a downloadable software add on before I started it

I desperately need it to be Vancouver referenced .. but word doesn't have this, of course.. and I have googled and got confused because I can't run the thing that someone posted to add it

so - has anyone successfully added Vancouver to their Microsoft word?

and /or

does anyone know of the most similar approach to Vancouver ie listing by number in order of citation in text, etc etc etc - that I could choose and then adapt. it's a hefty paper, so I want to find the quickest way of doing it as possible

thanks! flowers

dotty2 Mon 10-Mar-14 10:24:48

Could you use endnotes? Then you would have a list in the right order at the end, and there might be a clever way or turning the superscript numbers into regular Vancouver style numbers?

cafecito Mon 10-Mar-14 19:36:01

Thank you! Ok I have downloaded a 30 day trial of endnotes but am a bit confused at converting it over so will persist, maybe I need to upgrade to a full version before I do that. Looks very useful though longer term - thank you

dotty2 Mon 10-Mar-14 20:50:45

Oh I actually meant the endnotes function in word (like footnotes, but all at the end) but I'm sure Endnotes or Refworks would do the job either, but I must admit I just never got my head round either, in spite of going on the training. Are you linked to a university? I would have thought most would have a licence for one or the other you could access. Good luck.

cafecito Tue 11-Mar-14 00:43:25

tis awfully confusing grin

I am at a university who unhelpfully don't have subscriptions to referencing software which is a little ridiculous, as all the related journal styles require Vancouver/BMJ Vancouver - esque

maybe they just want to torture me a little more and force me to do it manually

grin will peer into word a bit further, I have been using the inbuilt citation manager but it's Harvard so far, still

thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now