Talk

Advanced search

Taking the leap...?

(7 Posts)
TheOrchardKeeper Mon 20-May-13 20:13:00

Ok, so I've been doing a short OU Psychology course and am nearly finished and applying for the next course (the 60 credit Discovering Psychology one) and hope to do the degree after that.

This first course was a little hard but not very time consuming and I'm trying to muster the guts to go ahead and apply for the next course and just get on with it.

Am a lone parent, with a DS who gets 10hrs at nursery so I should be ok but I could do with a nudge iykwim?

Anyone else taking the jump? My plan is to just go for it & try and plough through the tiredness etc (DS has a few health issues that involved bad nights, sleeps more like a 1yr old than a 3yr old and will for some time).

I'm being a wuss, aren't I? grin

SwedishEdith Mon 20-May-13 20:18:22

Yep, just do it. The time is going to pass anyway so you may as well fill it doing something useful/interesting/enjoyable. The sooner you start, the sooner you'll finish. smile

TheOrchardKeeper Mon 20-May-13 20:34:52

Thanks for the reply smile

Now he's started nursery I feel like it's my shot at all this and if I wait i'm risking it. Especially as i'm on a very low income and need to dig myself out somehow.

My mum stalled when we were little and ended up not doing her degree til we were teens and I don't want to wait that long really.

Just gonna go for it and try my hardest to make enough time for it etc!

HighBrows Tue 21-May-13 00:14:04

Just do it, as SwedishEdith said the time will pass. I'm currently finishing up my degree, it's been a long 3 years, I'm wrecked but I'm also so satisfied and happy too. I'm literally focusing on Friday, thesis will be handed in and I can't imagine how I'll feel.

Do it, study when you can and take in small steps!!

TheOrchardKeeper Tue 21-May-13 09:01:48

I'm much more tired & occasionally more stressed than before but so much more fulfilled & happy with the way things are going.

I don't want that to end iyswim?

Chan1811 Tue 21-May-13 15:14:30

Go for it, I don't think you'll regret it. I am a single mum of 2 boys one in school, one not. I get no help with them and no breaks but I'm doing it, currently doing DSE141 and I strongly recommend it.

TheOrchardKeeper Tue 21-May-13 15:19:02

Glad to hear you're enjoying it! smile

It does look really interesting, as well as being a way forward.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now