Advanced search

Referees for MA application

(3 Posts)
MissMogwi Wed 01-May-13 17:33:14

I'm a glutton for punishment and have decided to apply for an MA. I need two referees but I'm unsure who they would need to be. The form isn't clear and I've yet to receive a response from the department.

I was going to ask my tutor from the Access course I completed before Uni and possibly a lecturer from my degree course who I have had for 3/4 units.

Does anyone know if these two would be acceptable? TIA.

Stopanuary Wed 01-May-13 18:42:20

Good luck with the application. i think it's usual that they're both academic references so your access course one would be fine.

Do you have a designated personal tutor for your degree course?

That's who we have to use for job and post grad applications - in my case it was the same person as the dissertation supervisor.

Otherwise the most recent year or course head maybe? It depends how your faculty is structured and if you're applying at the same place you're at now I guess...

MissMogwi Wed 01-May-13 19:04:53

Thanks for your reply.
I do have a personal tutor but I have not heard from or seen them for the whole of third year, so they don't know me IYSWIM.

I suppose I could ask my dissertation supervisor but I only saw her a handful of times so I don't know if she would do it.

I think I'll email the department again and chase up their response.

Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: