Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What do you carry your stuff in?

(9 Posts)
GruffVoiceDownTheChimney Fri 14-Sep-12 22:00:59

I have just gone back to studying and am having to think about what to carry all my folders/books/lunch etc in to and from uni. Thought about a sports rucksack type-thing but seems a bit boring. Does anyone have a bag they love?

Itwillendinsmiles Sun 16-Sep-12 07:55:51

I cycle to/from the station at the home end of the journey and have a brisk 15 minute walk at the uni end plus lots of walking about the city campus. I bought a 'smartish' and capacious backpack which has lasted well for two years.

Boring beats stylish when you're lugging about lots of stuff daily! smile I don't take in folders if it can be avoided, just the relevant notes etc in plastic wallet thingies.

Good luck with your studies.

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0056928GO/?tag=hydra0b-21&hvadid=11068575245&ref=asc_df_B0056928GO

GruffVoiceDownTheChimney Sun 16-Sep-12 22:28:14

Thanks, I know you're right really but I was hopeful of something pretty!

shwmae Mon 17-Sep-12 11:14:28

I have one like this

Mine is pretty similar to this and I love it. I have birds on mine and lots of people have commented on my bag smile

Equimum Mon 17-Sep-12 13:26:12

Think about whether you're likely to likely to take a lapto to campus at all. I use a smart black lap-top rucksck which enables me to carry books, laptop, accessories etc quite easily. Boring, yes, but practical!

newyearnewattitude Tue 18-Sep-12 19:33:42

I have been lugging carp to and from uni since 2003 now and have used a variety of bags but have now decided to be kind to my back and am getting a rucksack thing on wheels grin

TinyDiamond Sat 22-Sep-12 00:04:05

I have a black leather Cambridge satchel. It's great

dotty2 Mon 24-Sep-12 11:13:13

The important questions grin. I use a big handbag, plus a fabric book bag of which I have several but am still in search of the Perfect Student Bag Solution for a Student Who is Nearly 40!

MatureUniStudent Tue 02-Oct-12 19:04:16

http://www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Accessories/Bags/AM175/Womens-Oil-Cloth-Everyday-Bag.html?NavGroupID=1

I have an older one of these, bought in the sales - it carries everything and it had pockets with zips so I can put my Primani handbag insert (£3) straight in.

It is coping well with law books which are enourmous and heavy (I am in my late 40's!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now