Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else doing OU ea300 children's literature??

(12 Posts)
bananamam Mon 24-Oct-11 08:21:04

As the title says really!! Looking for other people who are doing this course or similar and we can spur each other on!!

schroeder Mon 24-Oct-11 11:49:50

Sorry I'm not doing it (I did think about it though, but 'little women' put me right off, I'd be interested to find out whether it's possible to just skip the books you really can't bear.)I've just started DD306 Living Political Ideas <sounds fun doesn't it?> hmm

Anyways, if you just want some support and kicking up the bum, why don't you join us procrastinators here?
<it's not a quichegrin>

MountainDew Mon 24-Oct-11 11:56:23

I am! Writing about Northern Lights for TMA1. In fact you have distracted me from my work... :D
How are you finding it? It is my first level 3 course, and is a bit daunting!

bananamam Tue 25-Oct-11 16:43:59

Ah hello!!!! I did Harry potter....mainly because I already owned the book blush

It's my second level three but my last was creative writing. So it's been a while since I have done academic writing....this is after a two year OU break!! So far so good

Just submitted tma but think I referenced it all wrong. Yikes...are you done?

MountainDew Wed 26-Oct-11 15:16:04

Just done now but will be submitting it tonight, because I need to sort out my references too. Haha.

Got to dash now, will be late for childminder... I will return to discuss more later!

bananamam Wed 26-Oct-11 16:21:30

Referencing is awful....it took me an hour!! I will be amazed if I pass.n I spent four hours doing the essay and it as my first draft that I submitted blush not my best work by any stretch....

Rob1n Mon 07-Nov-11 21:36:57

Hello both. Another EA300er here. How did you do on TMA01? Just got my result today...67%.. a reall de-motivator of a score sad Struggling through Little Women now, 8 hours of time to kill on train journeys in the next couple of days should sort it out.

LidlVoice Mon 07-Nov-11 21:38:54

Hi all - I did this the year before last and really enjoyed it. I did ok, so if I can be of any help any time, just shout! Good luck with it all. Have to say my favourite book was Bog Child - is it still on the syllabus?

bananamam Wed 09-Nov-11 18:48:47

Eek I forgot about this thread!!! I got 52 percent blush my lowest score ever for a tma!!! I am usually up in the 80s....dreading the next one!!

Nope bog child is not on the reading list, was it good?

Rob1n Tue 29-Nov-11 14:24:39

Anyone else tying themselves up in knots over TMA02 (Option 2)? Just when I think I've got it I think of something that doesn't fit with my line of argument!
Decided to do option 2 after not feeling confident about knowing the characters well enough to do option 1, not sure it was the right thing to do but too late now!
And I think I have got totally confused about what is actually irony and what isn't in TL. Am I just thick or does that just show the RLS was a master of his craft?

shelleia Thu 28-Aug-14 19:27:20

Hi just stumbled across this discussion and I'm starting this course in Oct 14. Any old notes or advice much appreciated.

sohail Wed 16-Dec-15 06:40:10

hi there. Any one from seniors... I need your help and guidance with EA300.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now