Talk

Advanced search

Buying assignments

(18 Posts)
Icanonlytry Mon 17-Oct-11 17:13:57

Ok so I am writing my dissatation (or trying to whilst looking after very clingy breastfed 20 week old baby, 8yr old DD and life in general) struggling with the lit review so searched for tips online and every page I come across seems to be full of people waiting to write it for me. The thought is very tempting i must admit but surely people don't really do this and get away with it??

VivaLeBeaver Mon 17-Oct-11 17:16:30

I wouldn't dare risk it. You'll find websites promising its a one off assignment but I imagine that they're going to sell teh assignment to more than one person.

My university and no doubt others scan all assignments into a big computer programme now that detects plagerism and also detects similarities to other assignments/dissertations.

noko Mon 17-Oct-11 22:05:08

i need to start writing my dissertation as well but some problem with childcare are leaving me with no time to start even my lit review. last week a friend of mine told me that her friend bought a whole dissertation from one of those websites and was supposed to graduate in august, but she got caught and failed her year. it's tempting but really risky

Icanonlytry Tue 18-Oct-11 10:34:33

Oh I wasn't going to do it, I would be too afraid of getting caught, I would also feel so guilty I would probably own up to it and fail anyway smile Just surprised me that such thing existed, seems a bit strange, especially when I have to link alot of what I write to my workplace (doing a degree in primary teaching, learning and mentoring)
I know what you mean about having no time to start noko sad

onequestion Tue 18-Oct-11 17:17:07

It's all very well doing something like this but you would feel bad the rest of your life, I imagine (generic 'you). Studying is supposed to be a personal achievement and something you get pride from. It's not just about passing and good marks. You'd miss out so much if you did something like this.
I can't imagine many people would get away with it because of plagiarism software either.
I think universities have a big, big problem with these sites but can't get rid of them. They can only penalise those they catch using them.

onequestion Tue 18-Oct-11 17:18:18

Oh and kudos for studying with a young baby! Looks like an impossible feat from where I'm standing, so big respect and I hope it goes well.

Icanonlytry Thu 20-Oct-11 16:11:38

Think I need my brain testing personally but thanks smile it sure feels like an impossible feat at the moment, it is torturing me..

TheGoldRoad Thu 20-Oct-11 16:32:09

Ha I googled info so I can start my lit review this afternoon and gave up because the first two pages where sites like you describe. Pisses me off!I also reckon, by your dissertation year, after 3 years your tutors know the style you normally write in so would notice if something didn't seem quite right?

grumplestilskin Thu 20-Oct-11 16:37:43

yes one did on my course, got caught twice and got each module capped but am pretty sure he did it a lot lot more, he got a third, which was what he wanted, he was only on the course so his family could stay in the UK, his siblings are taking turns to go to uni while the whole family stays. (this he told us, dunno whether it was attention seeking/provocation or true, but it is what HE said not my assumption, he always said that his aim from the course was to pass everything and nothing more)

noko Sun 23-Oct-11 20:29:43

thegoldroad, you are very right, those websites are everywhere, last year there was a man at our university handing business card for doing essay and dissertations. with no shame at all, waiting for students at the gate.
by doing it yourself, you will be proud even if you struggled.
i'm hoping to do some work on my literature rev this half term as dh changed his annual leave so he could look after ds while i sweat at the library.
good luck to us all.

noko Mon 24-Oct-11 15:48:05

day not going as planned. ds woke up this morning with a nasty cold and want mummy, so literature review put on hold for today.

grumplestilskin Mon 24-Oct-11 15:50:29

with children you have to give yourself completion dates 2 weeks earlier than real ones because they ALWAYS get ill xx

fluffythevampirestabber Mon 24-Oct-11 15:55:14

I know the uni I go to uses Turnitin software and I'm sure you'd get caught. But I know I'm going to be cursing up down and sideways when I have my coursework due and am panicking the night before

grumplestilskin Mon 24-Oct-11 15:57:36

doesn't the software look for copied assignments? how would it know if someone was comissioned to actually write a bespoke one for you? (which is the arrangement the bloke on my course said he had)

fluffythevampirestabber Mon 24-Oct-11 16:27:00

Well it wouldn't in theory... but we have one lecturer who is so fucking sharp that he caught someone who the software had passed when he was double marking on a module he didn't normally teach

noko Mon 24-Oct-11 17:19:15

i think my lectures knows my writing styles as i tend to always make the same mistakes. if something changes , they will definitely know. i quite like that.

noko Mon 24-Oct-11 17:19:32

sorry lecturer

TheGoldRoad Mon 24-Oct-11 18:12:04

Noko, ive started a new thread because I don't want to be associated with buying assignments or cheating etc! I am hoping to make a request for help/ interviews maybe from Mumsnet for my dissertation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now