Talk

Advanced search

First OU tutorial tomorrow

(4 Posts)
TiarasTimeOutsAndTantrums Fri 14-Oct-11 18:35:27

I'm very nervous. My tutor said I don't need to bring any course materials but I'm guessing I'll still need a notebook and pen? Or should I take my laptop?
I don't fully understand the course yet either and I'm getting a bit flustered with the idea he might ask questions and I won't know any answers!
What happens at a tutorial?

said Fri 14-Oct-11 18:39:27

What course? The tutorials are really, really helpful at helping you get to grips with the TMAs No-one took a laptop to any on my course so I wouldn't worry about that. If you don't know something, say so. You're not meant to know yet, that's why you're taking the course. Plus, everyone else is feeling the same way as you - and some you may never see again until the exam.

TiarasTimeOutsAndTantrums Fri 14-Oct-11 18:47:16

A200 medieval to modern history. I'll just take a pen and paper then. I was tempted to sling all my books, laptop etc in a big wheely suitcase and stroll in grin

said Fri 14-Oct-11 18:54:03

I'd take your course textbook, if you have one but teh tutor may work from handouts. I've done 4 coursse but only attended tutorials for 2. I got a lot more out those courses and significantly better TMA scores YOu should enjoy them and just ignore anyone who tries to show-off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now