Thinking about giving up/postponing my OU course

(20 Posts)
KatyMac Thu 06-Oct-11 21:24:49

I failed my last one

This one is nearly finished but it's been a massive bugger

I've sent all my money on DD

I've lost my impetus

keynesian Thu 06-Oct-11 21:32:39

Have you just got the exam to go? You've done so much already and have had some great marks if I've remembered rightly. I know your last TMA was disappointing but it would be such a pity to stop now, wouldn't it?

I'm sure you can find some impetus again; re-read your TMA's or a part of the course you enjoyed and did well at to help you get back on track.

KatyMac Thu 06-Oct-11 21:38:57

Oh no- sorry I mean I'll do the exam but nothing after that for a bit/ever

Not sure really

keynesian Fri 07-Oct-11 07:54:17

Ah, well that's perfectly reasonable! Take a break and think about what you want to do, not what you 'ought' to do.

BreakOutTheKaraoke Sat 08-Oct-11 09:24:30

Is it worth doing one more course before the break, so that you don't lose your right to continue on the lower fee band? If I've remembered correctly, you have to start a 30 point course before next August in order to qualify for it. Have you got any free choice credits on your qualification, can you maybe choose something you actually want to do, instead of have to do? It's a horrible feeling to have to do something, you can guarantee everything else suddenly becomes 75x more important to do than your work!

KatyMac Sat 08-Oct-11 10:00:14

There is a 6-pt I want to do in Feb so I think that will qualify me - at least I hope it will

I just feel do <bleurgh> atm

KatyMac Sat 08-Oct-11 10:39:46

That would be 60pts (sorry)

I just feel broke & down & miserable

BrEEEKOutTheKaraoke Sat 08-Oct-11 17:46:52

That should be fine, but if you're not feeling up to it will a 60 pointer be too much? I find the 30 points hard to keep up on!

HSMM Sun 09-Oct-11 13:07:18

You'll feel a bit better after your exam this week.

I know what you mean though - I think this will be my last one.

KatyMac Sun 09-Oct-11 20:03:04

Do you think HSMM? I'm not so sure

Although obviously I will feel better when it's over obviously

HSMM Sun 09-Oct-11 22:59:56

You just have a lot going on at the moment

KatyMac Mon 10-Oct-11 20:47:59

I guess

Is yours on Wednesday? Goodluck

HSMM Mon 10-Oct-11 21:44:55

Did my exam today. I am faintly hopeful that I passed. We'll see at Christmas

KatyMac Mon 10-Oct-11 21:49:05

Oh I am sorry I missed wishing you luck

I will keep my fingers crossed for you

HSMM Mon 10-Oct-11 21:51:25

In case I forget .. good luck with yours

KatyMac Mon 10-Oct-11 22:12:21

Thanks

BTW just put a new photo of DD on my profile

HSMM Tue 11-Oct-11 00:43:45

My DD should be on my profile now

inmysparetime Tue 11-Oct-11 11:29:08

I did my exam yesterday and feel ok now, like a massive weight is off my shoulders. Hopefully since everyone seems to think it was a horrible exam, my rantings won't seem so bad in comparisonwink
Keep going OP, imagine you from the future is telling you how well you did, and have a positive statement for when you feel sad. Mine was "wow, you are amazing, you can do anything you set your mind to"

onequestion Tue 11-Oct-11 12:20:55

It's a hard decision, isn't it? These courses are hard work. I wanted to give up many times and am just finishing my degree next week and am so glad I stuck with it but sometimes the sacrifices required are too much.

Your dd is GORGEOUS Katy. Wow. What a stunner. She looks lovely too, and I hope there aren't any more problems with her eyes (namechanger).

KatyMac Sun 16-Oct-11 20:09:54

Gosh I thought I had answered you onequestion; I definitely typed one out

Her eyes are fine

But I am going to have to not study over the winter.....no money

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now