Talk

Advanced search

Help I really need advice

(10 Posts)
fluffystabby Thu 06-Oct-11 17:49:48

I can't be specific but a lecturer has sent an email that is rude and carefully worded to skirt just the right side of acceptable but implies all kinds of things about me and my ability to work and do my course.

She has asked this be put on my record.

Can I ask for the email I sent which precipitated the email she sent me to be put on my record as well so that there is a balanced picture?

Have been in tears and I never cry. sad

keynesian Thu 06-Oct-11 19:44:56

Hi,

That's so horrible for you - and unjust/unfair too - it sounds like an 'attack is the best sort of defence' mechanism by the lecturer.

I'd certainly request an immediate meeting with your year tutor or whoever is your 'supervisor' and make that request as well as discuss all the issues and background.

Other things you may be able to do depending on your circumstances/situation - contact the module leader (if different to this lecturer), programme manager, student support office or course reps

fluffystabby Thu 06-Oct-11 20:08:08

Thanks keynesian

I have shown my student rep the email I initially sent, plus the reply and they were flabbergasted.

I am really really upset (it's shaken me much more than I would have thought)

I think it's the thought of having it on my record y'know?

missmogwi Thu 06-Oct-11 20:09:18

You must feel horrible. A bad day indeed. sad

I second arranging a meeting with your year group leader and or personal tutor. I don't see why your original email Can't go on record too, if hers can.
It seems like a very underhand act by the lecturer and I imagine it's undermined your confidence massively.

How crappy. Hope you get some feedback tomorrow.

fluffystabby Thu 06-Oct-11 20:18:03

Have pm'd you both

MetalSian Thu 06-Oct-11 21:04:41

Sounds terrible Fluffy sad.
I would definately talk to ask many other people who are involved with your course about it as you can.

Hope this gets sorted soon but for now I will just give you a virtual hug and a cup of brew.

fluffystabby Thu 06-Oct-11 21:07:30

Thanks MetalSian - have pm'd you too wink

fluffystabby Thu 06-Oct-11 21:14:50

Thanks folks. The ranting is helping wink

missmogwi Fri 07-Oct-11 11:37:24

Hope you managed to get this sorted out, good luck comrade!

fluffystabby Fri 07-Oct-11 11:42:53

Well I slept on it.

I think I've decided to get my original email and the rest of the email "conversations" put on my record in the interests of balance and fairness.

And then just head down mouth shut for the rest of the semester with that lecturer.

With the proviso that if there's anything else negative then I'll go to the Head of School directly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now