Talk

Advanced search

Revision tips?

(6 Posts)
Steala Tue 20-Sep-11 08:03:17

I'm feeling a bit daunted by the scale of what I need to revise. I'm also a bit depressed that I keep having "lightbulb moments" only to find the same light has switched on and I have made notes on it several times before. How do I get it to stick in there?

webwiz Tue 20-Sep-11 08:42:18

I made notes on little cards on each of the topics and then I could carry them round and read them through at spare moments.

Steala Tue 20-Sep-11 18:50:32

Thank you. I will do that.

DaisySteiner Thu 22-Sep-11 20:16:38

I do similar to webwiz, but in a notebook which I can carry around. Stuff that's really not sticking or important I put on big pieces of paper and pin in to the bathroom wall so I can read it when I'm, ahem, sitting down with nothing else to think about. grin

Merrin Thu 29-Sep-11 09:41:10

I made note books long hand then went over them in a different colour underlining key ideas then wrote the key ideas on cards, then went back to the longer notebooks and consolidated. Depends on your subjects a bit tho.

I had one subject with lots of facts and numbers to remember, so I made a raffle style quizz and every time I walked past the hat I had a go at a question. No idea if it helped more than rote learning but it amused me! grin

Steala Thu 29-Sep-11 17:42:10

Ooh, good ideas! Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now