Talk

Advanced search

Revision tips?

(6 Posts)
Steala Tue 20-Sep-11 08:03:17

I'm feeling a bit daunted by the scale of what I need to revise. I'm also a bit depressed that I keep having "lightbulb moments" only to find the same light has switched on and I have made notes on it several times before. How do I get it to stick in there?

webwiz Tue 20-Sep-11 08:42:18

I made notes on little cards on each of the topics and then I could carry them round and read them through at spare moments.

Steala Tue 20-Sep-11 18:50:32

Thank you. I will do that.

DaisySteiner Thu 22-Sep-11 20:16:38

I do similar to webwiz, but in a notebook which I can carry around. Stuff that's really not sticking or important I put on big pieces of paper and pin in to the bathroom wall so I can read it when I'm, ahem, sitting down with nothing else to think about. grin

Merrin Thu 29-Sep-11 09:41:10

I made note books long hand then went over them in a different colour underlining key ideas then wrote the key ideas on cards, then went back to the longer notebooks and consolidated. Depends on your subjects a bit tho.

I had one subject with lots of facts and numbers to remember, so I made a raffle style quizz and every time I walked past the hat I had a go at a question. No idea if it helped more than rote learning but it amused me! grin

Steala Thu 29-Sep-11 17:42:10

Ooh, good ideas! Thank you!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: