Talk

Advanced search

Any Beauty Therapy Students?? I need help re my kit!!

(6 Posts)
IwanttobeShirleyValentine Fri 09-Sep-11 22:24:57

This is actually quite stoopid! Talk about falling at the first hurdle.

I am about to start my Beauty Thereapy Diploma (2 years). I enrolled last minute so missed all the inductions etc. I promptly orderd all my uniform, books and kit to avoid being the only person not equipped and to my delight it has all arrived today.

I have just spent 2 hours with my daughter trying to work out what goes where in my college kit bag. I am flummoxed. Even if I only take 1 of everything (and no duplicates) I cannot get it all to fit in.

The kit I have is from College Kits Direct!

Has anyone else got the same kit or been a Beauty student in recent years to advise me how it is supposed to be packed. There are no instructions and I am getting worried I am going to look daft, stupid and disorganised when I arrive on Monday with my kit squished in and spilling out and not being in any kind of order.

Please can anyone help?

WhyIsTheRumAlwaysGone Wed 14-Sep-11 21:11:01

My advise would be whatever bag/box/case they have sent you to keep and transport it all in, get rid of it (or keep spares in it at home). Go and buy yourself a little case on wheels, the ones that you can take as hand luggage did me just fine but some friends bought bigger ones so they could keep their files and college notes in but I was never brave enough to risk anything leaking on my portfolio. What level course/awarding body is it? Just trying to get better idea of the equipment you have.

WhyIsTheRumAlwaysGone Wed 14-Sep-11 21:13:51

Just seen you needed help for monday, sorry I didn't see this sooner. Hope you got it all worked out.

IwanttobeShirleyValentine Wed 14-Sep-11 23:39:19

Thank you so much for replying. I was worried in case we needed it all on the first day (daft).

Actually now I have my timetable I have a better idea of what I need when so I have been adjustinging it accordingky because it wont all fit.

That said I am sure when my packets become half full, I may well fit alot more in there than at the moment when it is all brand new and every packet is full.

IwanttobeShirleyValentine Wed 14-Sep-11 23:40:02

I am doing the 2 year Diploma with the option to do year 3 Holistics.

WhyIsTheRumAlwaysGone Thu 15-Sep-11 13:34:04

I've just gone gone back to do my level 3 Holistics, will let you know what its like. Good luck with your Diploma.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now