Talk

Advanced search

Sitting a Maths GCSE as an external candidate - length of time spent studying?

(2 Posts)
voodoomunkee Mon 05-Sep-11 09:14:42

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of sitting GCSE Maths as an external candidate and how long/how much time they spent studying?

Hoping someone says ah no time at all and I passed with a.... wink

Additionally if anyone has any top tips about how to condense a LOT of work into a couple of short months then they would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

clutteredup Sat 24-Sep-11 11:25:54

I tutor GCSE Maths but it would be hard to say how much work you need to do without knowing how much you know already. If you are starting form scratch I would try to fit in several hours a week for several months (itf you have it) - depending on what tier you are doing the higher tier has alot more content and will therefore need more time spent on it.
I would recommend doing some past papers to judge for yourself how much work you need to do and then make a plan. Whatever you do I would recommend doing it regularly rather than trying to cram it at the end as it will go in and stew around each week when you're not working and when you come back to something it will seem less tricky next time round.
Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now