Talk

Advanced search

any education students? what did you do for dissertation?

(6 Posts)
lollipoppet Tue 30-Aug-11 19:11:55

I want to hit the ground running and get an early start so i want to decide on dissertation topic asap, just wondering what other people did and maybe get inspired. I was thinking of doing something to do with SEN but am still very much undecided and open-minded!

thanks in advance!

oh, also posted in primary ed so sorry if you see this twice! smile

spudmasher Tue 30-Aug-11 19:13:48

Multiculturalism in Devon.
I got a 1st for it....smug

nokissymum Tue 30-Aug-11 19:18:13

The impact of I.T in SEN.

lollipoppet Tue 30-Aug-11 19:25:10

didn't even know there was multiculturalism in devon spud!
well done on the first though!!

Oakmaiden Tue 30-Aug-11 19:34:12

Oh, I have been trying to think of something to get reading on for mine too (not quite a dissertation - we don't do them - but an large scale independent research project.)

But it needs to involve some form of action research, and I just don't get how that is going to work since we only have one short placement.

But my topic areas I would like to look at are peer learning, thinking skills, multiple intelligences and their relationship to learning styles or the effect of classroom desk placement on learning.

Really can't decide where to start....

lollipoppet Tue 30-Aug-11 19:37:36

peer learning is very topical so they'll be lots of references and chances are your school will have started it fairly recently so will be able to help lots (hopefully!)
good luck, decision making is hard!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now